LOWER CAPE MAY REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BUS DRIVER’S AGREEMENT
2005 - 2008
I. Duration of this Agreement shall be July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2008.
II. This agreement covers working conditions for all full-time drivers, part-time drivers, and driver substitutes.
III. Full-time drivers salary schedule:
FULL TIME DRIVERS STARTING PRIOR TO JULY 1, 1991:
FULL TIME DRIVERS STARTING AFTER JULY 1, 1991:
+$250. Longevity – steps 6 through 15
Duties under base salary:
1. To and from route for High School
2. Vocational routes and/or Teitelman routes
3. Late activity routes for both schools
4. Late athletic run for both schools
5. Field trips during school hours in the county
IV. Part-time drivers and substitute drivers salary:
|1 a.m./1p.m. routes|
|2 a.m./2 p.m. routes|
|Full Time Vo-Tech a.m./p.m.|
If any major change occurs with the routes above, a change in the dollar figures will occur.
Full-time drivers drive approximately 8 hours per day.
Part-time drivers drive approximately 3 hours per day and are not entitled to fringe benefits.
VI. FRINGE BENEFITS (full-time drivers – and those drivers who work 20 hours per week ONLY).
1. Sick Leave – ten days accumulative sick leave days per school year.
2. Health Benefits – The Board of Education will assume the cost of the coverage as set forth in the New Jersey State Health Benefits Program, or its equivalent, for the entire family.
3. Fringe Bank
All non-NJ Plus participants will be eligible for $150. of fringe bank coverage beginning July 1, 2005.
Beginning in the 1996/97 school year, all new hires selecting traditional coverage shall pay the difference between the traditional and PPO/HMO rates.
5. Drivers who retire from the District and qualify for pension in accordance with the provisions of the Public Employees’ Retirement System shall be reimbursed for unused sick leave at the rate of 30% of his/her per diem (calculated at 1/200th of annual salary at the time of retirement) rate provided at least ten (10) years of service have been completed in the Lower Cape May Regional School District. Payment shall be made within one year from the date on which the driver informs the district of his/her intention to retire. For the purpose of this agreement drivers will be credited with one year of service time for every two years of part-time employment as a driver in this district.
For New Jersey Plus participants only, beginning July 1, 2005, during the life of this agreement, the Board of Education shall create an account of $900.00 for the first year of the contract (2005/2006) and $900.00 for the second year of the contract (2006/2007) and $925.00 for the third year of the contract (2007/2008), which shall be for the purpose of reimbursing each bus driver for any medical expense for himself/herself or his/her family which is not covered by any other insurance provided herein.
Any medical expense not reimbursed during any given year may be applied to the following year if the total aggregate amount does not exceed the sum of those two (2) years. Medical receipts may not be utilized beyond two (2) school year periods.
Any unused funds from a given school year may only be carried over one (1) school year.
The unused balances of the prescription payment plan cannot be used as a reimbursement in the Medical Fringe Bank clause.
A committee will be formed to review a possible 125 (c) plan or such alternative, the cost of which will not exceed the amounts above.
Original receipts and a signed voucher for the amount requested shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Board of Education or his/her designate by November 30th and/or May 30th. Payment dates shall be on or before December 30th, and on or before June 30th.
All first year full and part-time benefits personnel are not entitled to fringe bank payments.
VII. COMPENSATION FOR EXTRA RUNS AND FIELD TRIPS AFTER SCHOOL HOURS:
|Within 30 miles|
|31 – 40 miles|
|41 – 60 miles|
|61 – 75 miles|
|Additional runs for district employees|
|Vo-Tech activity run|
VIII. Drivers who work more than 180 days in a school year will be compensated at the prevailing daily rate for the run(s) made on the extra work day when public school was not in session. Compensation will only be made after 180 public school work days have been completed.
Trips over 8 hours compensated at $10. per hour over 8 hours.
NOTE: The club or group using the bus shall pay the driver’s meal and tickets to the event.
Compensation for additional runs if necessary for school district employees - $15.00.
Compensation for the late Vo-Tech activity run will be $18.00.
A trip that runs on Saturday, Sunday, or a holiday, the compensation rate will be $25.00 using the same hourly formula.
IX. DRIVERS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. To complete and submit inspection reports as required, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. These inspections are to be done before and after each run. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
2. To keep an accurate report of mileage; daily, monthly, and yearly.
3. To clean bus daily; windows and windshield to be kept clean at all times. Twice a year, seats to be pulled and bus cleaned top to bottom in preparation for state inspection. At the completion of preparation for semi-annual inspection, drivers may submit a repair order for inspection of bus seats.
4. Each driver will attend four (4) Transportation Department meetings per year, every other year attend the driver’s defense course, and one (1) state mandated in-service training per year. Failure to attend these above meetings will result in disciplinary action.
5. To present a neat and clean appearance at all times.
6. To give prompt and efficient service at all times.
7. Drivers who miss mandatory meetings, where at least one week’s notice is given, will be docked one personal day. If a personal day is not available, one day’s pay will be deducted.
X. PERSONAL LEAVE:
As of July 1, 1996, all present full-time with benefits personnel – 3 personal days. Any new full-time with benefits personnel and all other personnel – first year of service 1 personal day, second year of service and every year thereafter, 2 personal days. Personal leave days are to be utilized only for personal business or legal or family matters that cannot be conducted outside the normal work day.
Approval of personal days is subject to review of the Superintendent, and the needs of the District.
Personal leave shall not be used for recreation entertainment, other employment, or for matters which can be scheduled outside of school hours. At the end of the work year, for both full and part-time drivers, unused personal days will be converted to sick days. For full-time drivers these days will be added to the allotment. For part-time drivers, these converted days will be added from year to year to be used for sick day purposes only. Application to the immediate supervisor for personal leave shall be made at least two days before taking such leave. In the event of an emergency which precludes the provision of two days written notice, said notice shall be provided at the earliest possible time.
Critical Illness and Bereavement Leave:
Critical Illness defined as admission to a hospital with a critical or serious condition or life threatening situation or same day surgery as certified by a physician, for members of the employee’s immediate family defined as spouse, children, mother, father, sister, brother, grandchildren and grandparents shall constitute an excused absence of up to 5 days per occurrence. Critical illness of in-laws shall constitute up to 5 days leave per year. In the event of more than on in-law being critically ill, employees may request additional time, which is subject to denial by the Superintendent in accordance with the needs of the school system. The Superintendent’s decision shall be non-arbitrable.
Bereavement leave in the event of the death of an employee’s immediate family member defined as father, mother, sister, brother, grandparents, grandchildren and in-laws shall constitute an excused absence of up to 5 days per occurrence. Bereavement leave in the event of death of an employee’s spouse or children, natural or adopted, shall constitute up to 10 days excused leave per occurrence.
In the event of a death of a close friend or other relative, employees may request one day of leave, which is subject to denial by the Superintendent in accordance with the needs of the school system. This day can only be used if no personal days remain. The Superintendent’s decision shall be non-arbitrable.
The Superintendent’s decision will be binding and non-grievable.
Date Board President
Date Board Secretary
Date Bus Driver Representative
Date Bus Driver Representative