|AGREEMENT BEWTEEN THE BOARD AND THE PRINCIPALS’ ASSOCIATION, page 5|
LETTER OF AGREEMENT
The following is a Letter of Agreement between the Principal’s Association and the East Greenwich Board of Education concerning benefits.
This agreement is entered into this 1st day of July, 2004 by and between the Board of Education of East Greenwich Township, New Jersey, hereinafter called the “Board”, and the East Greenwich Principal’s Association, hereinafter called the “Principal’s Association”, or “Principals”.
Principals entitled to benefits under two or more agreements with the Board shall receive the maximum benefit covered by one Agreement. Benefits shall not be compounded, pyramided, or paid twice.
The Board reserves to itself sole jurisdiction and authority over matters of policy and retains the right, subject only to the limitations imposed by the language of this Agreement, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (a) to direct employees of the school district, (b) to hire, promote, transfer, assign, and retain employees in positions in the school district, and for just cause, to suspend, to demote, discharge, or take other disciplinary action against employees, (c) to relieve employees from duty because of lack of work or for other legitimate reasons, (d) to maintain the efficiency of the school district operations entrusted to them, (e) to determine the methods, means and personnel by which such operations are to be conducted and (f) to take whatever actions may be necessary to carry out the mission of the school district in situations of emergency.
1. At the discretion of the Board and to encourage professional growth, the Board will reimburse, per school year 100% for tuition and fees for college courses and workshops that are related to the Principal’s assignment, up to a maximum of $1,200.00.
2. Reimbursement will be authorized when proof of a passing grade of “B” is submitted to the Superintendent. Reimbursement for Fall Semester will be made in March, reimbursement for the Spring Semester will be made in July. Reimbursement for summer courses is contingent upon the employee’s return to work in September and payment will be made in October.
3. Benefits will not be cumulative from year to year. Benefits not exhausted in a contract year will be forfeited.
TEMPORARY LEAVE OF ABSENCE
A. BEREAVEMENT LEAVE
A maximum of three (3) consecutive paid days at the time of death for each occurrence of death of a spouse, child, mother, father, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother, sister of the employee, or someone who lives in the same household unit. If burial is delayed because of a weekend, a paid days be extended to include the day of burial. Two (2) additional paid days may be granted, upon request and approval of the Superintendent, if the death is the spouse of child of the employee.
One (1) paid day for each occurrence of death of a grandparent, grandchild, grandparent-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law.
A maximum of two (2) paid days may be granted, upon request and approval of the Superintendent, for the purpose of travel if the home or place of burial of the deceased is more than 300 miles away.
A maximum of three (3) additional unpaid days may be granted upon request and approval of the Superintendent.
B. PERSONAL LEAVE
Each Principal shall be entitled to be absent with pay for up to three (3) days each year to attend to personal business, or legal matters which cannot be completed other than during working hours.
A Principal needing to use such personal day(s) must request the same, in writing, from the Superintendent at least two (2) days in advance. The requirement for prior written request may be waived by the Superintendent in an emergency situation.
At the end of the contract year, up to two (2) unused personal days shall be converted to sick leave.
C. SICK LEAVE
Sick leave is defined as absence from duty because of personal illness or injury, or exclusion because of contagious disease or quarantine. Doctor appointments for routine checkups or pregnancy shall not be considered a personal illness.
1. The regular yearly allowance for illness, without loss of pay, shall be twelve (12) days. Sick leave is accumulative, and records of absence shall be filed with the Secretary of the Board.
2. Principals who work a twelve (12) month school year are guaranteed twelve (12) days paid sick leave. Those who are employed less that a full school year are guaranteed a proportionate amount of sick leave.
3. After all accumulated sick leave is exhausted, a principal who has achieved tenure, or three years and one day, will be allowed an additional ten (10) days.
4. The Superintendent has the right to require a doctor’s certificate for any absence due to personal illness or injury.
5. Pay for Unused Sick Leave
a. For retirements that occur for principals on staff on or before January 12, 2005: upon retirement, after seven (7) or more years of service with the District, a principal shall be eligible to receive $40.00 for each accumulated and unused sick leave day, up to a maximum of 140 days, under the provisions of c. below.
b. For retirements for principals who are hired after January 12, 2005: upon retirement, after 20 or more years of service with the District, a principal shall be eligible to receive $15.00 for each accumulated and unused sick leave day, up to a maximum of $2,000 under the provisions of c. below.
c. The effective date of retirement is during the summer school recess period, and
HEALTH BENEFIT PLANS
A. HEALTH PLAN
The Board shall provide a health plan for the Principals the same as is in effect for other full-time employees.
B. PRESCRIPTION PLAN
The Board shall provide a prescription drug plan for the Principals the same as is in effect for other full-time employees.
The Board shall provide a dental plan for the Principals the same as is in effect for other full-time employees.
Traveling expenses incurred in the course of performing services for the district shall be reimbursed at the rate approved by the IRS.
The Board shall, at their expense, pay the annual fee to the local, state, and national Association of Principals and Supervisors.
The Board will pay the Principal and Supervisor’s Convention registration cost of $100.00 per convention with a maximum of $200.00 for two (2) conventions.
The Board will pay for Principal’s meals when duties are performed out of the district at the rate of $15.00 a meal and up to $150.00 per year.
The increase in salary for Principals shall be as follows:
2004-2005 – 5%
2006-2007 – 5%
This Agreement shall be effective as of July 1, 2004, and shall continue in effect through June 30, 2007.
WHEREFORE, the parties hereto have executed this agreement on this __day of _______, 2005.
EAST GREENWICH TOWNSHIP EAST GREENWICH TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF EDUCATION PRINCIPAL’S ASSOCIATION
Theresa B. Lewis, President Loretta G. Savidge, Principal
Joshua L. Meyer, Principal
Ruth K. Still, Business Administrator/